Waxing is the process of hair removal, by using strip wax to effectively remove the hair from the root. A cream based strip wax is used that is formulated for sensitive skin and delicate skin. Waxing is all natural, natural antioxidant, excellent emollient and great for all skin types. The skin is prepped with an oil to protect the skin from the wax, after the waxing process is complete we use after waxing oil that soothes, calms and removes Wax residue. The hair must be a minimum of 1/4 inch to ensure proper removal of hair.
You will need at least 3-4 weeks growth of hair before it can be successfully removed by waxing.
Benefits of waxing unwanted body hair.
- Less and finer re-growth.
- Waxing is like exfoliation.
- Waxing banishes shaving rash.
- Fewer ingrown hairs.
- Waxing says goodbye to itching.
- Waxing means, no more shaving cuts.
- Your skin will feel smooth and even.
- With hair you also wax away any dry and dead skin cells.
- Lasts longer than shaving. (typically 4 – 5 weeks)
- Waxing After Care Advice
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24 - 48 hours.
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs, massage or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment. Always wash your hands before applying any product. After you’ve bathed/showered, apply some baby oil to the waxed area. Moisturize every day to keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally.
Waxing time is very much dependent on how much hair has to be removed and the surface area of the body part. Following is the estimated time needed for each type of waxing services we offer.